This top, ENR-ranked multi-disciplined engineering firm is seeking a highly experienced professional engineer to lead their Austin Civil Practice as a Vice President / Senior Project Manager.
In this position, you will be responsible for staff management, business development, engineering quality, budgeting, and office operations. Specific duties will include:
- Meeting and maintaining relationships with cities, counties, TxDOT, MPO’s, local agencies and private development clients.
- Assist business development staff in coordination and preparation of qualifications and proposals.
- Prepare an annual operating budget in accordance with existing policy and procedures, manage the day to day operations and work effort to the budget.
- Responsible for the office’s profitability.
- Leading and managing selected projects.
- Prepare statement of qualifications and letters of interest
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Selection of staff in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise the day to day operation of the office.
- Responsible for the professional development of staff through personal mentoring as well as establishing a mentoring practice.
- Actively participate in professional societies and organizations.
- Support other offices as required in the development of new business, the preparation of responses to RFPs and SOQs, and the preparation for presentations.
Key Vice President / Senior Project Manager candidate qualifications:
- Several years of senior project management experience with a Texas civil engineering firm including design experience with infrastructure and land development projects in the Austin area
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Proven ability to market clients and secure contracts in the Austin region
The selected candidate must be a leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess a superior track record of client service to the local Austin market.
This is a rare career opportunity with excellent compensation and company benefits which include competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
Candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. This employer seeks a qualified professional who currently resides in the greater Austin area.
Email your resume to Austin Layhee or call him at 214-250-4137. All inquiries are treated as private and confidential.