This GANE client is the Houston office of major Texas civil engineering firm that has been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” company.
This firm is seeking an experienced Senior Traffic Engineer to join their thriving Transportation Practice and contribute to projects ranging from rural highways to urban freeways and frontage roads. Activities and responsibilities in this position will include:
- Producing traffic engineering design and traffic studies for multiple clients including public agencies, private clients, toll operations, and other engineering consultants.
- Designing traffic signal projects, signing, striping, illumination, and traffic control plans for TxDOT, counties and local municipalities.
- Preparing traffic studies that include traffic impact analysis for private clients, and level of service analysis and travel demand modeling for public clients.
Key Senior Traffic Engineer candidate qualifications:
- Several years of experience with Traffic and Transportation projects with a Texas consulting engineering firm including TxDOT and Texas toll agencies.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas (TBPE) and a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Additional qualifications: Proficiency in using Synchro, CORSIM, and HCS is preferred, and experience with Trans CAD, VISSIM, and AGI32 is a plus. Must be well versed in completing engineering studies including traffic impact analysis, signal warrant studies and traffic management plans for private clients. This senior level engineering position offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including bonus eligibility, medical, dental, prescription, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, premium 401(k) plans.
Candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. All inquiries are treated as confidential.
This employer prefers candidates who currently reside in the greater Houston area.
Reply by email or call: 281-265-2090 for a private discussion.