This ENR top ranked award winning Commercial Construction General Contractor located in Houston, TX is seeking a Project Manager to manage their Commercial Construction projects.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful completion and outcome of the construction project from commencement to closeout. You will oversee and manage onsite daily activities such as budgeting and cost projections, scheduling, contract management, change orders, monthly billing and etc., while delivering a quality product. Your responsibilities will include:
- Interpret legal and construction documents and administer the prime contract
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Working knowledge and application of basic estimating and quantity take-offs; produce detailed studies that support production budgets
- Gather, analyze and interpret information on approval time, fabrication and delivery of all items
- Develop and maintain project budget, project cost forecasts, labor management maintenance and control, project cost control, monitor all expenditures with superintendent, analyze cost reports and take appropriate action, ensure accuracy of reporting, approve and prepare all scope changes and associated costs
- Establish a schedule of values for monthly billing, submit monthly billing, collect interim and final billings
- Complete understanding of the contract process, prepare subcontracts, purchase orders and orders, ensure all contract requirements are maintained throughout the project (safety documents, insurance, bond, etc.)
- Control and facilitate all project meetings
- Monitor the jobsite mobilization and construction process
- Staff projects accordingly and assign project team responsibilities
- Listen to, understand and effectively respond to customer needs and concerns
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and peers
Key Project Manager candidate qualifications:
- Several years of Assistant Project Management experience with commercial construction projects
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent degree
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and accounting principles
- Primavera 6 experience
This position requires an individual with strong leadership, time management and organizational skills, including excellent communication and client service skills. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Our client seeks a qualified professional who currently resides in the greater Houston area. Candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
This is a career, direct-hire position with excellent compensation and company benefits which include competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and 401(k).
Email your resume to Austin Layhee or call him at 214-250-4137. All inquiries are treated as private and confidential.
GANE Technology, Inc. is a professional recruiting firm serving the civil engineering and construction management communities in Texas.